To continue the series of “Ultimate Source of.” it is time for Wisdom. 5 great quotes about the wisdom you can find below. Also, a nice infographic is available for free download in this post.
Wisdom or sapience is the ability to think and act using knowledge, experience, understanding, common sense, and insight. There appears to be a consensus that wisdom is associated with attributes such as compassion, experiential self-knowledge, non-attachment and virtues such as ethics and benevolence.
Wisdom has been defined in many different ways, a variety of measurement scales have been developed, and several subtypes of wisdom have been proposed. Out of these, phronesis and sophia are two key subtypes of wisdom. In the classical Greek tradition, there is a distinction between sophia “wisdom” and phronesis “prudence, practical intelligence”.
The Oxford English Dictionary defines wisdom as “Capacity of judging rightly in matters relating to life and conduct; soundness of judgement in the choice of means and ends; sometimes, less strictly, sound sense, esp. in practical affairs: opp. to folly;” also “Knowledge (esp. of a high or abstruse kind); enlightenment, learning, erudition.” Charles Haddon Spurgeon defined wisdom as “the right use of knowledge”. Robert I. Sutton and Andrew Hargadon defined the “attitude of wisdom” as “acting with knowledge while doubting what one knows”. In the psychological literature, however, the construct of wisdom does not have a commonly accepted definition.
5 Quotes about Wisdom for your day
- “If you would take, you must first give, this is the beginning of intelligence.” – Lao Tzu
- “Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful.” – John Wooden,
- “Those who can not change their minds can not change anything.” – George Bernard Shaw
- “There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.” – Ernest Hemingway
- “A good teacher protects his pupils from his own influence.” – Bruce Lee
As promised find an infographic with all 5 quotes below. Just enter your best email and download it for free and share with your friends to share some happiness also for them.
Have a great day!