Have you ever wondered why some people are more successful than other? What do you think is the main difference between Bill Gates or Oprah and you, besides the bank account?
Let us answer that question for you. The difference is in small habits and daily routines. Reaching for success requires staying devoted to 3 main ‘power habits’: productivity, time management and the ability to focus on what is important.
To realize the importance of those habits I took some time and gathered 33 quotes from world class successful people (writers, businessmen, artists, athletes, etc.), who master the game of productivity, time management and focus.
33 quotes about productivity, time management and focus
- “The simple act of paying positive attention to people has a great deal to do with productivity. Thomas J. Peters
- “Productivity is never an accident. It is always the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, and focused effort.” Paul J. Meyer
- Start by doing what’s necessary; then do what’s possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible. – Francis Of Assisi
- “In an industrial society which confuses work and productivity, the necessity of producing has always been an enemy of the desire to create.” Raoul Vaneigem
- The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing. – Walt Disney
- Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it. – Steve Jobs
- You were born to win, but to be a winner, you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win. – Zig Ziglar
- Sometimes, things may not go your way, but the effort should be there every single night. – Michael Jordan
- Plans are nothing; planning is everything. – Dwight D. Eisenhower
- Rule No.1: Never lose money. Rule No.2: Never forget rule No.1. – Warren Buffett
- Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal. – Henry Ford
- “In preparing for battle I have always found that plans are useless, but planning is indispensable.” – Dwight Eisenhower
- Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It’s perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we’ve learned something from yesterday. – John Wayne
- “Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “He who every morning plans the transaction of the day and follows out that plan, carries a thread that will guide him through the maze of the most busy life. But where no plan is laid, where the disposal of time is surrendered merely to the chance of incidence, chaos will soon reign.” – Victor Hugo
- This is the key to time management – to see the value of every moment. – Menachem Mendel Schneerson
- “Don’t allow idleness to deceive you, for while you give him today, he steals tomorrow from you.” – H. Croccoquill
- “How did it get so late so soon?” – Dr. Seuss
- “I must govern the clock, not be governed by it.” – Golda Meir
- Do not wait; the time will never be ”just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along. –Napoleon Hill
- Don’t be fooled by the calendar. There are only as many days in the year as you make use of. One man gets only a week’s value out of a year while another man gets a full year’s value out of a week. –Charles Richards
- “You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.” – Mark Twain
- “Passion is energy. Feel the power that comes from focusing on what excites you.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “Temperamentally anxious people can have a hard time staying motivated, period, because their intense focus on their worries distracts them from their goals.” – Winifred Gallagher
- “What do I mean by concentration? I mean focusing totally on the business at hand and commanding your body to do exactly what you want it to do.” – Arnold Palmer
- “Whenever you are asked if you can do a job, tell ’em, ‘Certainly I can!’ Then get busy and find out how to do it.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “The most efficient way to live reasonably is every morning to make a plan of one’s day and every night to examine the results obtained.” – Alexis Carrel
- “Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin.” – Mother Teresa
- “Lack of direction, not lack of time, is the problem. We all have twenty-four hour days.” ― Zig Ziglar
- “Instead of focusing on how much you can accomplish, focus on how much you can absolutely love what you’re doing.” ―Leo Babauta
- “Always focus on the front windshield and not the review mirror.” ― Colin Powell
- “If you don’t know exactly where you’re going, how will you know when you get there?” – Steve Maraboli
- “Whenever you want to achieve something, keep your eyes open, concentrate and make sure you know exactly what it is you want. No one can hit their target with their eyes closed.” ― Paulo Coelho, The Devil and Miss Prym
Here you have it. World’s most important knowledge and success secrets in only 33 quotes from people who made their dreams come true.
So, what should you do with it?
Read it, every day.
Hear their voice and let them guide you where you want to go and to the person you want to become.
What if there was another option than working 40 hours a week for 40 years? Would you be interested?