“If you don’t design your own life plan, chances are you’ll fall into someone else’s plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much.” – Jim Rohn
Strong words that opened my eyes and started my big personal transformation. I’m really grateful to this person, motivator, and true legend Jim Rohn, now I have my own goals, my own way to go, my own me to develop… Sad, his passed away already, but thank god we have youtube, google, and his books.
The legendary Jim Rohn is considered to be the godfather of the self-help industry. If you haven’t heard of Jim Rohn, here are some facts from Wikipedia:
- Emanuel James “Jim” Rohn (September 17, 1930 – December 5, 2009) was an American entrepreneur, author, and motivational speaker. His rags to riches story played a large part in his work, which influenced others in the personal development industry.
- Jim Rohn mentored Mark R. Hughes (the founder of Herbalife International) and motivational speaker Tony Robbins. Others who credit Rohn for his influence on their careers include authors Mark Victor Hansen and Jack Canfield (Chicken Soup book series), author/lecturer Brian Tracy, and T. Harv Eker. Motivational speaker Chris Widener’s book Twelve Pillars was co-authored by Rohn.
- Rohn was the recipient of the 1985 National Speakers Association CPAE Award for excellence in speaking.
- He is also the author of 17 different written, audio, and video media.
Jim Rohn is a true legend and for sure is it worth to youtube him, google him, or buy his books as soon as you can.
For daily inspiration here is a collection of 33 exceptional Jim Rohn Quotes to live by.
- “If you don’t design your own life plan, chances are you’ll fall into someone else’s plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much.” – Jim Rohn
- “You cannot change your destination overnight. You can change your direction.” – Jim Rohn
- “When you know what you want, and you want it bad enough, you’ll find a way to get it.” – Jim Rohn
- “The only thing worse than not reading a book in the last ninety days is not reading a book in the last ninety days and thinking that it doesn’t matter” – Jim Rohn
- “The worst thing one can do is not to try, to be aware of what one wants and not give in to it, to spend years in silent hurt wondering if something could have materialized – never knowing.” – Jim Rohn
- “If you are not willing to risk the unusual, you will have to settle for the ordinary.” – Jim Rohn
- “We must all suffer one of two things: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret.” – Jim Rohn
- “You have two choices: You can make a living, or you can design a life.” – Jim Rohn
- “Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present.” – Jim Rohn
- “If you really want to do something, you’ll find a way. If you don’t, you’ll find an excuse.” – Jim Rohn
- “The challenge of leadership is to be strong, but not rude; be kind, but not weak; be bold, but not bully; be thoughtful, but not lazy; be humble, but not timid; be proud, but not arrogant; have humor, but without folly.” – Jim Rohn
- “Don’t wish it was easier wish you were better. Don’t wish for less problems wish for more skills. Don’t wish for less challenge wish for more wisdom” – Jim Rohn
- “Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.” – Jim Rohn
- “Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment” – Jim Rohn
- “You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with.” – Jim Rohn
- “One of the greatest gifts you can give to anyone is the gift of your attention.” – Jim Rohn
- “Days are expensive. When you spend a day you have one less day to spend. So make sure you spend each one wisely.” – Jim Rohn
- “Success is nothing more than a few simple disciplines, practiced every day.” – Jim Rohn
- “Motivation alone is not enough. If you have an idiot and you motivate him, now you have a motivated idiot.” – Jim Rohn
- “Formal education will make you a living; self-education will make you a fortune.” – Jim Rohn
- “You cannot make progress without making decisions.” – Jim Rohn
- “If you want to be a leader who attracts quality people, the key is to become a person of quality yourself.” – Jim Rohn
- “Profits are better than wages. Wages make you a living; profits make you a fortune.” – Jim Rohn
- “Learn how to be happy with what you have while you pursue all that you want.” – Jim Rohn
- “Don’t join an easy crowd; you won’t grow. Go where the expectations and the demands to perform are high.” – Jim Rohn
- “Your life does not get better by chance, it gets better by change.” – Jim Rohn
- “Miss a meal if you have to, but don’t miss a book”- Jim Rohn
- “Poor people have big TV’s. Rich people have big libraries.” – Jim Rohn
- “The greatest gift you can give somebody is your own personal development. I used to say, If you will take care of me, I will take care of you. Now I say, I will take care of me for you, if you will take care of you for me. ” – Jim Rohn
- “The more you know, the less you need to say.”- Jim Rohn
- “You must either modify your dreams or magnify your skills”- Jim Rohn
- “Everything you need for better future and success has already been written. And guess what? All you have to do is go to the library.” – Jim Rohn
- “Work on yourself more than you do on your job” – Jim Rohn
Hope you enjoy this collection and are ready to share with others. Most important write them down and go through regularly and be inspired.
Which quote of Jim Rohn is your favorite? Leave as a comment below your best quote.
5 tips to grow
Subscribe to my "5 tips to grow" newsletter and get inspired, get educated and be prepared 4 Residual Income.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.